Sunday, August 30, 2009

What a day this has been, what a rare mood I'm in...

Great news!!!!! I'm not sure how many of you know just yet, but this is my exciting news!! So this week, they had the choral auditions at BYU, as I'm sure many of you know. Now this was a little stressful for me because I was also moving in at the time. I was almost late to both auditions. On the way to the audition with Sister Applonie, I was coming down from Sandy and was fighting terrible traffic the whole way. I was about to take it as a sign that I wasn't supposed to be in a choir this year. Luckily, I got down here just in time. (I even had time to go home and change into something nice for the audition) Then it happened....

During my audition, Sister Applonie kept saying, "Very nice," which was incredibly encouraging. Then, at the end of my audition, she said she asked if I was okay with her recommending me to Sister Hall and Dr. Staheli for Concert Choir and BYU Singers!! I'm pretty sure my jaw just dropped. I was in complete shock that entire day. I'm almost still in shock. It almost feels like if you asked for a small vanilla ice cream cone and they gave you a gallon of mint chocolate chip.

I did mmy audition with Dr. Staheli that same day, and my audition with Sister Hall is tomorrow. I'll definitely write again to announce the final outcome. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Kim! That is awesome news. I wish you the best of luck!