Monday, December 14, 2009

Who am I?

Who am I?
I was born in very humble circumstances.
I was unschooled and unlearned.
I taught new and revolutionary religious teachings.
I was ridiculed and rejected by local religious and government leaders.
I healed the sick.
I was tried before a corrupt judge.
My life was taken by wicked and corrupt men.
I gave my life so that others might learn of the gospel of Christ and live.

Now think about the scripture D&C 135:3 "Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it."

It amazes me how the life of Joseph Smith almost parallels the life of the Savior. I taught the lesson in Relief Society yesterday and thought about the similarities between these two men. Anyway, this is not a very typical post for me. Maybe I'm just on a little kick from the lesson. I guess I just wanted to share this one more time and say how grateful I am for both of these men, especially during this Christmas season.

No comments: